Tuesday, April 16, 2013
An initial report of child trapped in the burning home proved false, according to officials.
A child who was initially reported trapped in a South Bowie house fire Tuesday afternoon was located "safe and sound" in the neighborhood a short time later, according to Prince George's County Fire Department spokesperson Mark Brady. Initial reports were of a 9-year-old boy trapped in a burning one-story home at the 15600 block of Porsche Court. Several family members had reported seeing the boy in the home just before the fire started. Firefighters quickly knocked down the flames and searched the home, but were unable to locate the child, Brady said. According to a Tweet from Brady, the search was widened to the community and the boy was located in the neighborhood a few moments later, uninjured. "[The boy] was in the home when the fire …
It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze, according to officials.
Fire ripped through a Glenn Dale home Sunday afternoon, displacing the occupants and causing significant damage, according to Prince George’s County Fire Department (PGFD) spokesman Mark Brady. Firefighters arrived on the scene of the blaze in the 6900 block of Greenwood Drive at around 2 p.m. to find the first floor showing “heavy fire.” It took 40 firefighters/medics about 30 minutes to extinguish the flames, which extended through the attic before the fire was knocked down, Brady said. No injuries were reported and PGFD estimates damages at $150,000.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
No injuries were reported as a result of Tuesday's fire on Peachtree Lane.
A 3,100 square foot home on Peachtree Lane in Bowie was destroyed by fire early Tuesday morning, in a blaze that took firefighters nearly two hours to extinguish, according to Prince George’s County Fire Department (PGFD) Spokesperson Mark Brady. Firefighters responded to a call for a house fire in the 1800 block of Peachtree Lane just after 5 a.m. Tuesday to find a two-story home being overtaken by flames. It took 45 firefighters about an hour to get the bulk of the flames down and an additional 30 to 45 minutes to completely extinguish hot spots, said Brady. Though damages are still being assessed, Brady said at least $400,000 in damages were done to the home and the home’s contents. One of the two occupants of the house was home at the …
Monday, February 18, 2013
No other injuries were reported.
Two firefighters were injured and a family was displaced when flames gutted a two-story home on Shelly Court in Bowie early Sunday. Prince George’s County firefighters responded to a call for a house fire on the 8500 block of Shelly Court just before 1 a.m. Sunday to find flames extending through the roof of the home. Prince George’s County Fire Department (PGFD) Spokesperson Mark Brady said the fire is believed to have started in the garage of the two-story home before extending to the attic and roof, reported the Gazette. Two firefighters sustained minor injuries in while battling the blaze. One firefighter fell about one story and another sustained burns to her hand, according to the Gazette. Both were treated at local hospitals and …
Friday, January 25, 2013
PGFD reports that chimney/fireplace malfunction was likely cause of blaze.
A single-family home on Lanham-Severn Road caught fire last night, likely due to a chimney or fireplace malfunction, according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) spokesperson Mark Brady. Firefighters responded to the fire just after 10:30 p.m. Thursday to find fire in the basement of a one-story home and the attached garage, according to officials. The bulk of the flames were extinguished in less than 30 minutes and no injuries were reported, Brady said. An estimate of damages was not immediately available. There have been two other house fires in Bowie this week. Nine people were displaced in a house fire on Empress Way on Wednesday, and firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire on Keynote Lane Thursday afternoon.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
One person was at home at the time of the fire, but was not injured, says a PGFD spokesperson.
Prince George's County firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire in the 12500 block of Keynote Lane on Thursday afternoon, according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) spokesperson Mark Brady. PGFD responded to a call for a house fire at around 2:30 p.m. on Thursday. One resident was home at the time of the fire. Firefighters found one person home at the time of the fire, who was safely evacuated and determined by paramedics to be uninjured, said Brady. The extent of the damages and cause of the fire were unknown at the time of publishing. Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here. Start a blog | Upload an …
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
No injuries were reported as a result of the blaze.
Two adults and seven children were displaced from their home in Bowie on Wednesday night after their townhouse went up in flames, according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) Spokesperson Mark Brady. PGFD responded to a call for a working house fire in three-story, middle row town home the 15500 of Empress Way in Bowie at around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday. According to Brady, firefighters called for additional units when they found the fire had extended from the second story into the third floor attic of the home. About 40 firefighters and medics total responded to the call, said Brady. The majority of the fire was limited to one townhouse and though no injuries were reported, a family of nine were displaced. The apparent cause of …
Friday, January 4, 2013
Woman is being treated for smoke inhalation and burns at an area hospital, according to a spokesperson.
At least one woman has been injured in a house fire on the 16300 block of Pond Meadow Lane in Bowie, according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) spokesperson Mark Brady. Follow Bowie Patch on Twitter and Facebook for updates on this story. Firefighters responded to reports of a two-story structure showing heavy fire at around 10:20 a.m. Friday. Due to the extent of the flames, firefighters initially retreated to the exterior of the structure to fight the blaze, though Brady recently reported that the bulk of the flames were knocked down and firefighters were able to re-enter the home. The occupant of the home was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation and burns, said Brady, but the extent of the injuries has…
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
The homeowner thought his children were trapped in the home during the blaze, but they were at another location.
Though there were early reports of children trapped inside the home, firefighters extinguished the blaze at 12500 block of Knowledge Lane and no injuries were reported, according to Prince George’s County Fire Department (PGFD) spokesperson Mark Brady. PGFD responded to reports of a working fire on Knowledge Lane just after 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, where they found smoke coming out of the eaves and heavy smoke throughout the home. According to Brady, one of the home’s residents arrived on the scene at the same time as the fire department having been notified of the fire by his alarm company. The man, who was unaware that his wife had taken the children out for the day, began frantically explaining that as many as four children were in the …
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
The cause of death is under joint investigation by the Prince George's County Police and Fire Departments.