It's hard not to like a quirky restaurant that offers Free Pop Tart Day, a Wall of Flame (75 hot sauces ready to assault your taste buds) and encourages instant customer feedback for its "spunky employees" by providing squirt guns and cow bells.
California Tortilla prides itself on serving "darn tasty" burritos and other Mexican fare, often with creative--and occasionally downright insane--flavor combinations that make it the "Best Burritos" winner from Washingtonian Magazine for two years straight. Besides its Signature burritos, which include Honey Lime, Crunchy BBQ Ranch and the No-Meato Burrito, it also offers a unique Burrito of the Month, with innovations such as the Pot Roast Burrito and the hotly contested McCain-Chilada Burrito vs. O-Chili-Bama Burrito debate.
While California Tortilla's grown to over 36 restaurants in five states since 1995, the irreverent spirit and influence of the founders is still quite palpable, no matter which location you visit--and the Bowie Town Center spot is no exception!
- Fax: 301-262-5222
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 9:30pm; Fri - Sat, 11am - 10pm; Sun, 11am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Burritos, tacos, fajitas, quesadillas, salads, soft drinks
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: californiatortilla.com/menu/
- Specialties: Fresh California-style burritos
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: With lots of activities in the Bowie area, everybody's close and knows each other.
- Cuisine: Fast Food, Latin American, Mexican, Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Vegetarian/Vegan
- Signature dishes: BBQ Ranch burrito, Honey Lime burrito
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: California Screaming Burrito
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 10
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Very casual