Bowie Volunteer Fire Department, Station 43
Established in 1960, Company 43 is in South Bowie and also serves some of Mitchelville.
This station is the first responder to: Amber Meadows, Collington Station, Cameron Grove, Covington, Devonshire, Enfield Chase, English Oaks, Evergreen, Federal Hill Farm, Glen Allen, Governors Green, Grovehurst, Heather Hills, Jennings Mill, Long Leaf, Manors at Collington Station, Northview, Pin Oak Village, Pointer Ridge, Tall Oaks Crossing, Twelve Oaks, Woodland Lake, Woodmore Meadows, Woodmore Highlands, Bowie Gateway Center, Bowie Health Center, Bowie Town Center, Prince George's Stadium, and Six Flags.
Here is a list of the staff at the station:
- Jonathan Howard, Sr. Deputy Chief (43a)
- Denise Bloom, Vice President
- Michelle Goodier, Asst. Secretary
- Fax: 301-249-2062
- Founding Date: 1969
- Services: 2 Engines, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 Ambulance, 1 Brush Truck, 1 Utility Truck
- Number of trucks: 6
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue