Bowie High School
Bowie's only public high school is the home of the Bulldogs and is located on MD-450, Annapolis Road, next to the Bowie Library and the Bowie Center for the Arts.
Bowie High School has a lot of extracurricular activities for students to get involved in such as the Elite Modeling Team, Future Business Leaders of America, Future Educators of America, Global Anti-Destruction Alliance, Gospel Choir, Graduation Committee, Improv Team, It's Academic, Jazz Band, Make Bowie Solar, Marching Band, Men of Distinction, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Honor Society and more.
There are also many clubs at Bowie High School including the Art Club, Best Buddies, Chess Club, Drama Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fitness Club, Gentlemen's Club, Ladies with Class, Math Club, Poetry Club and more.
The NJROTC offers the following extracurricular activities: Academic Team, Athletic Team, Color Guard, Drill Team and Orienteering Team.
- Fax: 301-805-2619
- Founding Date: 1965
- Number of students: 3007
- Male-to-female ratio: 1.08:1
- Public/Private: Private
- Graduation rate (%): 86.27
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: In 2009, Bowie High had over 15% of their students in AP classes in a variety of subjects.
- Extracurricular activities available: See description
- Student clubs: See description
- Sports teams: Cross country, cheerleading, POM/dance team, ootball, boys & girls soccer, volleyball, boys & girls basketball, indoor track, swimming, wrestling, baseball, softball, boys & girls outdoor track, tennis, golf