For the seventh year in a row, the city's Economic Development Committee and the Greater Bowie Chamber of Commerce are coming together to recognize the best businesses in Bowie.
Residents and local business owners are asked to nominate business at the May 14 recognition breakfast. Nominations must be made by March 28. Nomination form and more details are attached to this post.
Nominees are sought in the following categories:
- Business of the Year – This award is for a Bowie company that has demonstrated high-level accomplishments that are a benchmark for other businesses that include financial success, visible community involvement, professional employee work environment, and will excel in customer satisfaction, strategic planning, and business development.
- Small Business of the Year – This award is for a Bowie-based small business that has demonstrated the qualities that make for a prosperous and growing organization in Bowie.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – This award is for the Bowie business entrepreneur who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and tenacity in managing all facets of business to include growth in profit and employee numbers coupled with such factors as degree of innovation, development of a creative and ingenious product or service, exceptional selling techniques, and extent of expansion into local markets.
- Community Service Award – This award is for the Bowie or vicinity business that has demonstrated throughout the year a strong record of involvement in the Bowie community.
- Green Business of the Year – This award is for a company with a Bowie presence who has demonstrated their commitment to environmentally sustainable practices such as energy and water savings, recycling, renewable energy, reduced chemicals or packaging, or employee carpooling/telework.
- Incubator Business of the Year – This award is for a growth oriented professional service firm or technology company, with existing clients, whose business is committed to increasing revenues and hiring employees.