.

Nine Displaced in Bowie House Fire

No injuries were reported as a result of the blaze.

Two adults and seven children were displaced from their home in Bowie on Wednesday night after their townhouse went up in flames, according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) Spokesperson Mark Brady. 

PGFD responded to a call for a working house fire in three-story, middle row town home the 15500 of Empress Way in Bowie at around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday. According to Brady, firefighters called for additional units when they found the fire had extended from the second story into the third floor attic of the home.

About 40 firefighters and medics total responded to the call, said Brady.

The majority of the fire was limited to one townhouse and though no injuries were reported, a family of nine were displaced. The apparent cause of the fire was a malfunctioning fireplace and/or chimney, said Brady. An estimate of damages was not available at the time of publishing. 

 

Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.

Start a blog | Upload an event | Post an announcement

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something