.

Bowie Townhouse Fire Causes Partial Collapse, Officials Say

Prince George's County firefighters reportedly had the fire knocked by 5:15 p.m.

(Credit: Prince George's County Fire Department)
(Credit: Prince George's County Fire Department)
A fire in a Bowie townhouse Saturday afternoon caused the structure to give way, according to the Prince George's County Fire Department.

Crews were at the scene of the house fire in the 13900 block of Grenfell Place at approximately 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, the fire department reported.

When first responders arrived, the top floor of the three-story townhome was filled with heavy smoke, firefighters reported.

Due to heavy fire, the home had partly collapsed as of 4:55 p.m., according to the report, which said crews called for additional support through a second alarm.

By 5:15 p.m. the fire was mostly knocked, according to officials, and crews were evacuated because the structure was unstable. There were reportedly no injuries.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »