The much anticipated opening of the Bowie Farmers Market has arrived!
On Sunday, May 20, residents will once again be able to enjoy fresh, local fruits, vegetables, breads and more every Sunday from 8 a.m. to noon in the Bowie High School parking lot at 15200 Annapolis Road.
A new addition to this year’s market, on the first Sunday of every month Maryland Master Gardeners will have a table set up to answer questions about flower and vegetable gardening, free of charge.
Here are some of the vendors you can expect to see at this year’s market:
- Virginia Brown, featuring homemade jams jellies
- Big Kernel, selling Kettle Corn
- Knopps Farm, selling local veggies
- Unger’s Fruit Farm, selling fruit
- Captain Dale’s Seafood, who will be catching crabs on Saturday to sell at the market on Sunday
- Cosmic Bean Coffee Company, selling bags of coffee
- The Breadery, featuring different breads and pastries
- Homestead Farm, selling veggies, fruits, and fresh cut flowers
- C&J.D’s Enterprise, a food vendor who will sell breakfast sandwiches, among other things
- Sand HIll Farm, selling fruits and veggies
- Richard’s Hundred Natural Farm, selling a variety of fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs
- Doug Bowling Honey Farm, selling flowers, veggies, and, you guessed it, honey
- Uptown Bakers, selling all kinds of breads and pasteries
- Cherry Glen Goat Cheese Company, selling fresh, local goat cheese
- Bowie Lion’s Club will be selling rain barrels
- Shelby Plants will be selling potted blueberry bushes, shrubs, and grasses