Early morning on Feb. 12, two University of Maryland students were left dead and another injured in a shooting on 36th Ave. in College Park.
Police say that the gunman, identified as 23-year-old graduate student Dayvon Maurice Green, set several fires around his house before shooting two of his roommates when they came outside.One—Stephen Alex Rane, 22, of Silver Spring—was later pronounced dead, while another suffered non-life-threatening injuries. Green then turned the gun on himself, according to police.
UMD Shooting Coverage from Patch:
- Alleged College Park Shooter Underwent Background Check for One Gun Purchase
- Report: Victim Had Raised Concerns About Alleged Shooter Dayvon Green
- Reports: College Park Shooter Suffered From Schizophrenia
- College Park Shooter Dayvon Maurice Green: What We Know
- Loh: UMD Wasn't Aware of Shooter's Mental Illness
- University of Maryland Honors Victims of 'Utterly Senseless' Shooting
- UMD's Loh 'Shocked and Saddened' by Shootings