In celebration of the newly revamped store, Giant will be offering raffles, tastings and more, as well as making a "significant" donation to the Bowie Interfaith Food Pantry.
From 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, and from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Giant will offer customers a "tasting passport" to encourage them to explore the updated store. Customers who complete the passport will have the chance to win free groceries for a month.
According to a press release, updates to the Free State Giant include:
- Upgraded and expanded produce department featuring the freshest fruits and vegetables and a new olive and salad bar.
- Redesigned floral department with a greater variety of fresh flowers.
- Expanded natural and organic section, including a dairy and frozen section which features the full line of Giant Nature’s Promise products, a 50% increase.
- Redesigned deli with “order-it” kiosk, allowing customers to have deli orders filled while they shop.
- Upgraded and expanded prepared foods and grab and go offerings including a sushi bar.
- Expanded international section, offering over 1,400 items
- Redesigned and expanded, customer-friendly bakery, with a large assortment of baked goods including a new bread bar.
- Expanded frozen food department features a greater variety of selections.
- Upgraded full-service seafood department adjacent to frozen seafood options for customer convenience.
- Upgraded full-service meat department.
- New areas featuring soda, water, paper, and seasonal item value offerings.
- Updated Wi-Fi café
- Customers continue to enjoy the convenience of an in-store PNC Bank and in-store pharmacy, enhanced with a new nutrition area with over 2,000 different products.
- New self-checkout lanes for customer convenience.
- Continued offering of “SCAN IT!” hand-held devices, which allow customers to scan and bag their groceries while they shop.