Week in Review: Tractor-Trailer Accident, Bag Tax
Read what you missed last week on Bowie Patch.
A car accident with a tractor-trailer on Route 301 resulted in the death of Torrean Lynnae Rich, 28, of Largo on Thursday morning. Rich was driving a car that collided with a tractor-trailer at the intersection of Governor's Bridge Road.
A tip from a Patch reader that Wal-Mart might be doing away with the greeter positions prompted us to get the scoop from a corporate spokesperson. The Wal-Mart greeters in the Bowie store and at other stories across the country will be moved further into the store to assist customers more. If you have a news tip, send to email@example.com.
The city of Bowie recently announced nine winners in the Martin Luther King Jr. art contest. The contest was sponsored by the city's Diversity Committee. Students will be recognized for their art at the Bowie City Council meeting on Feb. 21. Leave a comment on the story to congratulate the students for their achievement.
Patch recently announced a partnership between Bowie State University (BSU) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Melissa Parson, a BSU student, participates in an internship with EPA and shared the details of her experience.
A Maryland Running Festival in the fall will feature a half-marathon, 5K and run for kids near Six Flags America in Landover. Registration is currently open for the event to be held on Oct. 20.
Help us keep Bowie Patch a relevant source for community information. Here are some ways that you can contribute:
- Leave comments and send news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up to blog on Bowie Patch here.
- Follow @BowiePatch on Twitter.
- Like us and join the conversation on the Bowie Patch Facebook page.
- Add Bowie events with photos here.
- Create your own announcements with photos here.
- Download the Patch app to stay connected to Bowie Patch on the go.
- Interested in advertising on Bowie Patch? Contact ad manager Nicole Houston at email@example.com.