Police Investigating Bowie and Glenn Dale Armed Robberies
A string of six armed robberies committed by the same two suspects occurred in Prince George's County this weekend.
Prince George’s County Police are investigating six armed, commercial robberies that took place last weekend; three of them were in the Bowie area.
Police were able to collect surveillance photos and videos showing that all six crimes were committed by the same two suspects carrying semi-automatic handguns, wearing masks, and driving a newer model silver Charger that they have been parking to the side or the rear of the target locations, according to police.
- Shell Gas Station 13800 block of Old Annapolis Road, Bowie (Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:25 p.m.)
- Safeway Gas Station 12400 block of Fairwood Parkway, Glenn Dale (Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:47 p.m.)
- Chesapeake Market 12300 block of Annapolis Road, Glenn Dale (Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 4:00 a.m.)
The suspects also robbed the following locations:
- McDonald's 20 block of Ritchie Road, Capitol Heights (Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 11:53 p.m.)
- 7-Eleven 7400 block of Central Avenue, Capitol Heights (Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 2:29 a.m.)
- 7- Eleven 22 block of Watkins Park Drive, Kettering (Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:15 a.m.)
The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating a similar string of robberies that occurred in the days prior to the above crimes, and police believe they were committed by the same suspects.
Police ask that anyone with tips that may aid the investigation call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or the Robbery Unit at 301-772-4905. Tips may be left anonymously. A cash reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for a tip that leads to the arrest and indictment of the suspects responsible for these robberies.