'The Big Bad Bullysaurus,' Girls Empowerment and More in Prince George’s County this Weekend
Looking for some exciting things to do this weekend? Check out some of the fun things going on around Prince George's County.
Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
- Where: Bowie State University, 14000 Jericho Park Rd, Bowie
- When: Friday, Mar. 1, 11 a.m.
- Description: Produced by special arrangement with YouthPLAYS, The Big Bad Bullysaurus is a one-act comedy by Tommy Jamerson, suitable for elementary school audiences.
- Cost: $3
- Where: Bowie Library, 15210 Annapolis Rd, Bowie
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2, 10:20 a.m.
- Description: Girls Wear P.I.N.K. Domestic Violence Prevention, Self-Empowerment, and Modeling Workshop.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Show Place Arena, 14900 Pennsylvania Ave, Upper Marlboro
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2 – Sunday, Mar. 3, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Description: 250+ Tables of Trains for Sale, 50+ Exhibitors from Across the Country
- Cost: $7
- Where: University of Maryland, University Boulevard and Stadium Drive
- When: Sunday, Mar. 3, 7 p.m.
- Description: The University of Maryland's campus hip-hop dance team hosts a competition featuring teams from all over the East Coast. Established dancers and choreographers from the area will judge the contest. At the Dekelboum Concert Hall.
- Cost: $12
- Where: Maryland State Fairgrounds, 2200 York Rd, Timonium
- When: Friday, Mar. 1, 6 p.m.
- Description: The Third Annual Habitat Chesapeake's Garden Preview Party in association with the Maryland Home & Garden Show.
- Cost: $50
- Where: 2 Main St, Laurel
- When: Friday, Mar. 1, 7:45 p.m.
- Description: 25 games- all cash prizes guaranteed. $1,000.00 ball games. ATM available-no checks accepted.
- Cost: $20
- Where: College Park Aviation Museum, 1985 Corporal Frank Scott Dr,College Park
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2, 2 p.m.
- Description: One-woman show starring actor/teacher Dr. Daisy Century. Dressed in an authentic bomber's jacket, boots, and scarf, Century as Bessie Coleman portrays the first African American woman to become a licensed airplane pilot and the first American to hold an international pilots license.
- Cost: Free
- Where: 4201 Guilford Dr, College Park
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2, 7 p.m.
- Description: Hope Lutheran Church presents a Christmas classic, It's a Wonderful Life. Free admission and free popcorn.
- Cost: Free